Pavlos is a specialist in business crime, bribery and corruption; financial regulatory, extradition and international criminal law with an emphasis on providing high-level external advice to common law jurisdictions.
He acts for corporates and individuals seeking advice in the UK, Channel Islands, Cyprus, Greece and the Caribbean, and maintains a general criminal practice including in allegations of terrorism, murder and sexual offences.
Pavlos is a regular speaker in the UK and internationally on issues of bribery, corruption, AML and fraud.
Recent instructions include:
- Acting for five directors of a leading UK business facing prosecution for conspiracy to cheat following a long-running HMRC investigation;
- Acting for a billionaire businessman facing restraint order arising from an AML investigation;
- Advising in relation to the international and UK aspects of an investigation arising out of the Onecoin $4b Ponzi scheme;
- Acting for a Cyprus bank and its officials charged in the Nicosia criminal court with fraud, market-manipulation and forgery allegations in three linked trials arising out of the collapse of the Cyprus banking system in 2012-2013
- Acting for a Guernsey fund management business in enforcement action brought by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission;
- Directing an internal investigation for a major international financial institution into a series of linked frauds of approx. €300m;
- Acting for principle partner at a London based law firm alleged to have committed a £6m fraud on the Legal Aid fund;
- Acting for two British company directors of an AIM-listed communications company and its Greek subsidiary facing prosecution in Athens for alleged fraud on thousands of consumers;
- Advised in several extradition request cases.
‘Pavlos is a robust and authoritative presence in court. He deals with legal submissions with confidence and persistence. He leads a team with dedication and good humour. His speeches are cogent and well constructed; charming manner which he puts to good effect with Judges and clients alike. Has the ability to find an arguable point amongst a haystack of nonsense and argue it successfully. Hard working, smart, diligent.’ Legal 500 2021 – General Crime
‘He is able to see through difficult facts and come to a simple solution to best achieve the client’s goals.’ Legal 500 2021 – Fraud
‘He is robust, dedicated, and determined.’ Legal 500 2021 – Offshore